The Litmus program invites applications for a Data Science Fellowship at the NYU Marron Institute, for the Spring 2022 semester.
The Data Science Fellow
NYU graduate students (MS or PhD) with strong backgrounds in data science are welcome to apply for this paid position. We encourage applicants with relevant coursework and experience managing complex datasets, machine learning, and data visualization. The Litmus Data Science Fellow will work alongside NYU faculty and research scholars and will contribute to an array of policy-focused research.
About the Litmus Data Science Fellowship. Fellows will work on research teams that engage with government agencies to use data analysis and visualization for insights, knowledge, and opportunities for action. Fellows can expect to:
- Work on one (or more) projects as a member of a team/s, including on federally and state-funded research projects related to public safety and wellbeing.
- Manage a range of data types and produce code, models, and dashboards.
- Wow us with your data-science skills but be mindful that our government partners benefit most from output and products that are useful and help address their most pressing problems.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to presentations and publications.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter (no more than 1 page) summarizing your experience and training related to the above requirements, together with a statement of how the Fellowship would further your career goals.
Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 21, 2021. Research-assistant positions are for the Spring 2022 semester, with extension possible for the Summer 2022 semester and beyond.