The NYU Marron Institute is seeking an undergraduate student to join our team as an Operations Assistant. The ideal candidate must be flexible and interested in learning about operations (finance, grant administration, general operations) at a research institute. It is our hope that you undergo meaningful professional development and personal growth through your experience working with us.
As the Operations Assistant at the NYU Marron Institute, you will directly support the work of the Director’s Office. Duties include:
- Assist Budget and Grants Administrator with budget and post-award project management
- Coordinate the preparation of POs and reimbursements
- Maintain financial and budgetary spreadsheets
- Record expenditures and/or payments ensuring they are posted to proper accounts
- Establish financial records and files and ensure that they are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis
- Initiate and respond to various types of inquiries regarding expense policies, procedures, deadlines, etc
- Evaluate, enter, and verify data.
- Other ad hoc projects and office management tasks as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to use computerized systems, various software applications, and standard office equipment.
- Ability to use Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Hours and Work Location:
- The Operations Assistant is expected to work 10 hours per week.
- The work location for this position will be 370 Jay St. in Brooklyn, 12th Floor.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter (no more than 1 page)
Application materials should be emailed as a single PDF to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2022. Research assistant positions are for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters, with a possible extension into the Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and Spring 2024 semesters.